Leather Buying Guide –Find the Right Type of Leather
There are plenty of factors that are involved when it comes to buying the quality leather. The handy guide on leather buying can help to make this complex decision simple.
A buying guide on leather is the reference that takes you through various elements of the leather buying. It includes kinds of leather, its qualities, weights, thickness, cuts, sizes, uses, and where you must buy them. Getting helpful knowledge on buying original leather can make your buying process very simple, one such way is buying it from the authentic leather suppliers.
Different Kinds of Leather
Quality of leather differs greatly. Most likely you might have seen various labels on the leather items, like top grain and genuine. They are just different kinds of leathers that are based on the quality. They’re nothing but different kinds of leathers based over the quality.
To know where you must buy leather isn’t enough, you should learn to differentiate between all kinds of leather. You have to know why a few materials last much longer than others or why one particular leather item costs huge, whereas others cost just fraction of its price. What is best leather? The quality leather may depend on the important factors:
- Animal type and breed
- Climate and location they are kept
- Portion of hide
- Layer of hide
- Skill and quality of its processing
Uses of Leather
- Leather for handbags includes chrome & vegetable tanned cowhides, calf skins, and goat and sheep skins of not very high thickness.
- Leather for furniture & upholstery we find the generous sized skins, like whole cowhides and bull hides.
- Leather for jackets and clothing are light and soft and called “nappa leather” and has thicknesses of one millimeter, generally rams, lambs, and calves.
- Leather for shoes have the thicknesses of 1 & 2 millimeters and have varied finishes.
- Leather for belts & saddler are generally veg tanned leather hides having thicknesses of 2 millimeters, like double butts or shoulders of the bull, if lined; all types of leather can be used for the given purpose.